Jun 8, 2018
Rachel Downie is an educator and
social entrepreneur who has worked in public and private school
settings for over 20 years.
She now workshops with
students, teachers and parents in school communities in Australia,
to tackle issues of bullying and harm, eSafety, cyber wellness and
She educates through
two organisations she has founded: Stymie, an anonymous online reporting system for use
in schools nationally and Bravely, which focuses on
raising confident girls.
Here's just some of what we cover in this episode:
- What Stymie is and how it can help your teen at school.
- Why teens are device literate but not digital literate and the
challenges that creates for them and you.
- Free Resources to help you have more empowering conversations
with your teen about how they are consuming digital media.
- What happens to a teen's Emotional Intelligence when they are
- How to create your own Digital Values to guide and support your
- Why we need a Culture of Care in schools today and what it
- Two great pieces of advice that you can implement right now to
offer some Zen in your life.
Rachel Downie’s website
Stymie Anti Bullying for schools website
ESafety Commissioner Conversation Starters
Family Zone Cyber Safety